Technological scouting for the World Construction Championship is a flagman project developed by the Championship Federal Organization Committee’s initiative and under the Skolkovo innovation center’s support. Project goal is to find and support innovative construction projects related to engineering/ construction process optimization, effective operation of buildings, and ESG solutions in construction.
Mr. Andrey Golovanov, Director of development of the industry construction complex and Head of the Office of qualifications and communications in the construction complex of Rosatom’s CEMCP, has welcomed the scouted members during a demo-day and spoke about the advantages of their passing into the final phase.
“We have gathered here to select the projects to be presented in the final phase of the World Construction Championship III in Saint-Petersburg. Technological scouting winners will not only get grant support of their products and technologies; but also the main advantage to present them to all interested stakeholders, which can be large companies, government agencies, leaders of the Ministry of Construction, Housing and Utilities of the Russian Federation, and foreign guests. It is important to mention that this year the Championship involves over 40 participating countries. I wish them good luck and success!”
Technological scouting demo-day passed in the Skolkovo innovation center on 13th of September, 2023. The following companies have become finalists of this phase:
- DIGITAL ENGINEERING, LLC and its software developed for constructors of factories, oil refineries, petrochemical complexes, LNG terminals, and other high-tech industrial facilities;
- KTB BETON GROUP, LLC and its modular technologies based on lightweight power efficient concrete compounds;
- BRIO MRS, LLC and its hardware and software system purposed for visualization of construction sites’ information models;
- CHECKADVISOR, LLC and its cloud platform purposed for economic calculations’ automation related to construction projects;
- PropTech, LLC and its hardware and software system purposed for getting actual data on temperature, durability, and maturity of concretes in the real time mode;
Extra slot in the final phase of the technological scouting was provisioned by one more elaborated construction technology. OVISION, LLC got into the final with its hardware and software system integrated with the facial recognition technology and purposed for merging access control and payment systems with facial recognition usage.
These are the projects, which will meet at the Championship taking place in the EXPOFORUM since 17th till 20th of October, 2023. They will compete for leadership and 7 million rubles grant to support growth of technologies. In total, 60 projects were competing for each place in the technological scouting final stage of the World Construction Championship III.
Director of advanced industry technologies’ cluster in the Skolkovo innovation center, Mr. Ilya Vorobiev, has spoken on the role of the technological scouting at the World Construction Championship III and sustainable development of construction.
“The technological scouting has discovered existing high industry potential. It is proven by a large amount of construction startups. One the one hand, it shows market growth, while on the other hand it points on the perspective areas of innovative technological solutions. They not only allow simplification and speed-up of complex construction processes, but also help to keep the agreed realization deadlines.”
It is worth reminding that technological scouting demo-day within the World Construction Championship III is represented as pitching sessions of the projects and further provision of jury resolutions. Juries are represented by:
- Mr. Alexey Tikhomirov, Director of the permitting activities and interdepartmental interaction dept. in the Ministry of Construction, Housing and Utilities of the Russian Federation;
- Mr. Andrey Golovanov, Director of development of the industry construction complex and Head of the Office of qualifications and communications in the construction complex of Rosatom’s CEMCP;
- Mr. Ilya Vorobiev, Director of advanced industry technologies’ cluster in the Skolkovo innovation center;
- Mr. Alexander Shvalev, Deputy general director of innovations’ dept. in Rosatom’s Innovation Hub;
- Ms. Natalya Starostina, Executive partner of scouting, acceleration, and globalization of the udtx.vc venture builder.
Two companies that didn’t pass to the final phase of WCC technological scouting have got udtx.vc venture builder’s certificates for project control:
- RAIGRAS, LLC and its 3D scanning technology to be applied in construction without the use of GPS/ GNSS;
- NEXTUM, LLC and its online automation service to deal with design construction documentation (NEXTUM ver. 1.0.).
Within the applications’ collection phase, about 300 projects were submitted for taking part in the program. 15 of them were selected to undergo a special accelerator program, which included meetings with project teams to develop approaches to the application of innovative technologies in construction. About 20 projects were competing per each place in the program.
18 September 2023
The results of semi-final for world construction championship III’s school league have been announced
25 July 2023
The World construction championship III has launched its pre-qualification phase
13 March 2023
The World Construction Championship III will take place in Saint-Petersburg in October